[PD] still not understanding "local" sssad in abstractions using variables

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Dec 6 11:43:06 CET 2008

Hallo Joe,
Joe Newlin hat gesagt: // Joe Newlin wrote:

> I've looked at the sssad examples and searched the list (including a
> discussion this week on the topic) and I still have questions about using
> sssad to save settings of GUI objects in a particular abstraction or
> subpatch while ignoring sssad objects used in other subpatches or
> abstractions within the parent patch. I've looked through the sssad
> abstractions to try to figure out how arguments are passed along, and just
> kind of got lost without understanding what was doing what.

Yeah, the documentation of that part can be enhanced...

I put together a little example in the attachement: Basically what a
local sssad created with $0 as second argument [sssad NAME $0] does is
exchange the global receivers [r SSSAD] and [r SSSAD_ADMIN] with local
ones calle [r $0-SSSAD] and [r $0-SSSAD_ADMIN]. Then you use these
just like the global ones.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__