[PD] Other ideas and thoughts (was) getting mousedown/mouseup

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 22:19:19 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 2:54 PM,  <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Quoting "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> It doesn't handle the regions.  Basically, I have an image of an
>> iPod, I want to make get the mouse up/down info on each of the
>> buttons on the iPod in the picture.  MouseState just gives me
>> whether  the button on the mouse is up or down.
>
> do you mean something like iem_event from iemgui?
> it just gives you and invisible object that you can interact with.

Hum, thanks IOhannes. This actually did a couple of things for me...

1. It makes me rethink the idea of externals having more than one
outlet. It makes it a bit clearer what the code does when you have a
single outlet, and then using a [route] to handle those messages...
That actually goes a long way in helping to remember what it was you
were trying to do, instead of hiding those things in multiple outlets.
it is almost like self-documenting code...

2. It appears that I need to start to learn to use 'declare'. This was
the first time that I have ever got it to work. It seems like it has
matured quite a bit...

Thanks,

Mike

> mfgasd.r
> IOhannes

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician