[PD] how to optimize system for pd performance?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:58:14 CET 2008

Wow, this clears up an old mystery for me - thanks for starting this
thread!

Another way to grab CPU power is to run "pd -nosleep" which causes it to
spin instead of sleeping when it goes idle.  On my system at least, I
see the CPU immediately go to full speed.  (But only do this on a system
with more than one CPU.  And I'm not sure how this will play with jack -
I'm using Alsa directly.)

cheers
Miller