[PD] ehu abstractions to be released

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:08:18 CET 2008

Claude Heiland-Allen(e)k dio:
> Hi,
>
> altern wrote:
> [snip]
>> They have been developed to be used
>> with PD-extended, few objects from externals included in that distro are
>> used.
> [snip]
>> this is the link to download the latest version
>> http://ixi-audio.net/content/download/ehu_abstractions.zip
> [snip]
>> if anyone has questions please just mail me. thanks for any feedback
>
> Note: I haven't had time to try them yet, but I've just been checking to
> see what I might be missing...  Quick list of dependencies that I
> extracted using some scripts:
>
> arduino freeverb~ Gem ggee import list-abs mapping unauthorized xsample
> zexy
>
> Wondering about these though, are they from iemlib? mixed? something
> else?  Thinking they should probably be replaced by native vanilla
> abstractions/subpatches if/wherever possible.
>
> counter prepend gate

gate and counter are from cyclone, prepend from iemabs. So the complete
list of dependencies should be :

arduino freeverb~ Gem ggee import list-abs mapping unauthorized xsample
  zexy counter prepend gate

many thanks, i will include this in the documentation.

as i said the abstractions have been developed to be used within
PD-extended which currently includes, as far as i know, all of them but
arduino and xsample (this last one only missing under linux i think).

I went for PD-extended after couple of bad experinces where i wasted
days trying to write code in pd only to find that there were externals
included in pd extended doing the job better, more complete and far more
efficient than my spaghetti code.

enrike