[PD] MIDI data to pd on OS X using MIDI network

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:44:08 CET 2008

Hi,

I want to connect a commercial software (Logic) and send MIDI data to
pd using the MIDI network which is part of the OS.

Once MIDI network is enabled both Logic and pd 'see' the network
driver and allow it to be configured as a device, Logic as an output
(for external MIDI devices) and pd as an input.

The output from Logic towards the network seems to work fine, I use
Snoize MIDI monitor and that one displays the data correctly. However
pd is sitting there and the notein object pretends that there's
nothing coming in. I had notein work ok with a MIDI interface on my
guitar - so the problem appears to be with the MIDI network.

Did anybody ever use the MIDI network on OS X? I'm on OS X 4.11. I'd
be gad to hear how you made it work (if you did).

Best
Jurgen