[PD] problem with plugin~ and dssi~

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:05:02 CET 2008

Hi all,

Using pd-extended 0.40.3 (deb) on Ubuntu Intrepid and when using either
built-in plugin~ and dssi~ objects (also tried with dssi~ compiled from the
latest available source) I get the following output before Pd segfaults:

Warning: no LADSPA_PATH, assuming /usr/lib/ladspa:/usr/local/lib/ladspa
no more csLADSPA plugins
socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)
Segmentation fault

The warning should be fine since the default path covers ladspa plugins
installed on Ubuntu. Using plugin~ by itself does this, while dssi~ if
created without an argument reports missing argument (as expected) but does
not crash until that argument is supplied. Both bogus and valid arguments to
dssi~ crash Pd. Help file for dssi likewise crashes.

This occurs both through jack and without it. I created objects both with
and without DSP being enabled.

Any thoughts what could be the problem? I suspect since both plugins are
misbehaving that it has something to do with ladspa setup but then again
what do I know...

P.S. dssi~ hexter (from the helpfile) when extracted on its own, hangs for a
while and then crashes pd leaving pd-gui and two "stuck" instances of
hexter_gtk.

Any help on this matter is most appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ico