[PD] problem with plugin~ and dssi~

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 09:07:17 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:18 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Apologies all for the noise. It appears sine_faaa does not work, but
> also when choosing ladspa plugins you still need to specify the actual
> plugin name (e.g. /usr/lib/ladspa/gverb_1216.so:gverb). But then the
> question is how do we know what is the name of each plugin?

With dssi~ there's no need to specify the absolute path and library
name. You should just be able to do:

[dssi~ gverb]

Failing that, if the library is in LADSPA_PATH or one of the standard
paths, this should always work:

[dssi~ gverb_1216.so:gverb]

dssi~ also looks in Pd's search path, so you can put plugins in an
arbitrary location and then tell dssi~ where to find them with:

[declare -path /foo/bar]

or

[declare -stdpath /foo/bar]

Basically, you should *never* need to specify the full path as an
argument to dssi~. It works, but it's deprecated in favour of declare.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock