[PD] svn:externals

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 12 21:44:46 CET 2008

Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 01:06:32AM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> What about the idea of having a separate section like /pure-data/svn-
>> externals?

hmm, i'm trying (not so) hard to remove the ./abstractions folder in
favour of a grand unified ./externals folder...

in some other projects i noticed "packages" which are modules containing
 both the local code plus dependencies (the latter handled solely via
svn:externals)

> I like that as it would solve my immdiate problem of people finding out
> of date s-abstractions in the pd repo and not require me to do periodic
> imports. Let's hope people don't get confused between "externals" and
> "externals".

at least i keep getting confused when talking about them :-)
that's why i always use svn:externals...

fgamdr
IOhannes