[PD] tracking down segfault in dssi~

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 19:12:09 CET 2008

> Basically the plugin search function LADSPAPluginSearch() will open
> every file in your search path. If it is a library (of any sort) it will
> look for the symbols "ladspa_descriptor" or "dssi_descriptor" inside it.
> If one of these gets found, the callback function
> dssi_tilde_search_plugin_callback()  is invoked. This iterates over the
> plugins in the library by repeatedly calling the Plugin's descriptor
> function until a match is found against the plugin search string
> provided as an argument to dssi~. A potential crash situation could
> occur if the symbol "dssi_descriptor" is exported by the plugin library,
> but the descriptor function doesn't return a pointer to a valid
> DSSI_Descriptor struct...

Many thanks for the info Jamie. One quick question before I embark on the
search for the potentially problematic plugin: if I run listplugins command
line tool that comes with ladspa sdk I get no segfaults or errors other than
"no more csLADSPA plugins" at the end. Is this indicative of anything or is
this orthogonal to the way how dssi~ objects cycles through plugins?

Anyways, I'll try tracking down the problem based on your instructions
shortly.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Ico