[PD] trying to figure out limiter~ (zexy)

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Tue Dec 16 00:05:46 CET 2008

Hi,

Yvan Vander Sanden wrote:
> I was trying to make myself understand how zexy's limiter works but I
> can't get any sound out of it.
>
> In a very basic set-up like this:
>
> [osc~ 440]
> [dac~ 1]
>
> I do get sound. But when routing the audio through the limiter there
> is no sound any more
>
> [osc~ 440]
> [limiter~]
> [dac~ 1]

As the help patch states limiter~ does not output the limited signal
itself (as a "standard" limiter hardware would do), but the
multiplication factor for getting the limited signal.

So, your patch has to look something like
[osc~]
|		\
[limiter~]  	[z~ 64]
|		/
[*~]

[dac~]

cu Thomas
--
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."