[PD] [PD-announce] Open Call for Works / Chamada...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 17 22:06:38 CET 2008

Congratulations on getting this out!  I'll be there for sure, I am
looking forward to going to Brazil, South America, and the Southern
Hemisphere for the first time, and seeing a whole other world of Pd
and free software.

Sorry for my slow response, I just had a really busy week.  I was
producing a concert for my class "New Interfaces for Musical
Expression", where there were a number of really nice performances
made with Pd.

.hc

On Dec 11, 2008, at 11:12 AM, porres at gmail.com wrote:

> "bang" / "bangue"
>

> ENGLISH:
>
> PdCon09: OPEN CALL FOR WORKS
>
> Third International Puredata Convention
>

> 1st Call for Works (dec 10th 2008):
> We invite artists, producers, developers and further enthusiasts of
> the open source tool Puredata to send works and projects alike in
> the following categories:
>
> - Art Festival:
>     (Art Instalations, Concerts, Performances & Audiovisual
> Presentations).
> - Mini-Courses & Workshops.
> - Paper Sessions/Posters.
> - Round Tables & Discussions.
>
> Applicants are invited to submit in multiple categories, although
> this will be an indifferent criteria  in the selection process. On
> theother hand, it is important to notice we are looking for a
> diverse collection of works, hence there might be a selection among
> several similar proposals.
>
> Let us know if you have an institution support that may cover
> travel expenses, we are looking for partnerships to help with funds.
>
> The event will be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from July 20th to july
> 26th, 2009.
>
> Location & Partnership:
> - MIS, the Museum of Image and Sound of São Paulo.
> - PUC, multimedia and design school.
> - SESC, CINESESC Sao Paulo.
>
> Deadline for proposals: 1st of March 2009!
> Acceptance notice: March 30th 2009!
>
> Here is the address to send works & questions to:
> pdcon09 at estudiolivre.org
>
> About the Event:
> Puredata, or just Pd <http://puredata.info/>, is an open source
> tool for multimedia programming. Because of its open source nature,
> much of its development result from a community effort of
> developers worldwide. Some centers do have more people engaged,
> like the places that held the two previous conventions.
>
> the first convention took place in Graz, Austria, in 2004 <http://
> puredata.info/community/projects/convention04/>. The second
> happpened in Montreal, Canada, in 2007 <http://pure-data.ca/en/>.
> It is a great satisfaction that we continue this event by bringing
> it to yet another continent, with the intent to promote the
> formation of an important group of developers locally. In fact, in
> may of 2008, we had a national convention in Brasil <http://
> www.estudiolivre.org/tiki-index.php?page=Encontro%20PD>, which
> followed the same format of the previous international conventions,
> and worked as a first gathering to organize this international
> event. The format includes the show of artistic works, academic
> works, discussion regarding the interests of the community, and
> diverse courses.
>

> Proposals for the Art Festival:
>     (Performances, Concerts, Audiovisual Presentations & Art
> Instalations (audio And/Or Visual)
>
> As it is the general concept of the event, we long for the
> discussion regarding the aesthetics and politics of Free / Open
> [...]

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.