[PD] chaotic attractors in [expr]

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:52:27 CET 2008

Po,

I believe that the Help files for [expr] include some examples of a
Lorenz attractor. Also, if you check into the 'chaos' library of
externals, you will find a number of them, but these are externals...

I will say that one of the advantages of the 'chaos' library is that
you can use the externals to search for new sets of parameters that
result in chaotic streams of numbers. Some attractors produce very
different streams depending on the parameters used. The method used to
determine the amount of chaos, via a Lyapunov exponent calculation, is
not always the best method, but for most attractors it is sufficient
for such purposes.

Mike

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:59 PM, potax flan <potaxpotax at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> i am looking for info on how to implement chaotic attractors and iterated
> functions using [expr]
> can you point me in the right direction or post some basic example patches
> to use as a start point?
> thankyou
> po

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician