[PD] French Pdpedia : workshop + script @ Orleans 18-19 december

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 23 04:29:19 CET 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 1:14 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> That is already possible by clicking the "English" link on the
>> lower left.
>

> i don't see any "English" link in the lower left corner here:
> http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/pager
> whereas there surely is a page:
> http://wiki.puredata.info/en/pager

These links are added by using markup like [[en:route]], check this
page for an example:
http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/route

> however i know that i somehow badly phrased what i wanted to say.
> i can try again:
>
> it would be nice that the english version could be seen in the foreign
> language pages automatically, until somebody decides to actually
> fill in
> content.

We discussed this when we were doing the automatic imports, and as I
remember it, almost everyone agreed that this wouldn't be a good
idea, and using the mediawiki/wikipedia style language links would be
better.

.hc

> short example:
> somebody creates the page
> http://wiki.puredata.info/en/canvasposition
> since nobody has created http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/canvasposition
> yet, following the link the the french version will automatically
> display the content of the english version.
> now somebody else decides that they would prefer a native french
> version: they click on "edit" (or "create") and start a new french
> page
> (preferrably from the english as "template") which will henceforth be
> displayed whenever you click on http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/
> canvasposition
>

> but nevermind.
>
> fga,sr
> IOhannes

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler