[PD] pd extended, usb midi device problem

freequencies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 02:02:36 CET 2008

o'la totes,

i used not very elegant way but it works:

in shell >>

> run qjackctl (without activate the start button)
> run pd and set  'alsamidi'  in the media menu.

after this step it should appear in ALSA section of  'connect' button
in qjackctl the device (in this case UC33 and puredata)...you only
have to connect them .....ckeck it out in a pd patch if it works.

salut
xä!

-__-_-_--_____---__ _- _ _ _- _-- - __ --- ---___
http://noconventions.mobi/nvisible.taz
--__---_____-------___- __ -_ _ ___ _ --- -___----

2008/12/24 atuc <atuc at gmx.de>:
> thanks frank for reply,
>

>> Try to start pd-ext like this:
>>
>> pd -alsamidi
>>
>> or use the MIDI settings menu to select the ALSA midi mode. If
>> Pd-ext doesn't want to start the ALSA midi mode, then that version
>> probably is compiled without ALSA midi support. That would be a bug that
>> can only be fixed by recompiling.
> thats i alredy done, it seems to be a bug??
>

> but rawmidi does also not work with my uc-33
>
> alex at cex:~$ lsmod  | grep midi
> snd_seq_midi           14336  0
> snd_rawmidi            29824  5 snd_usb_lib,snd_seq_midi
> snd_seq_midi_event     15232  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
> snd_seq                57776  9
> snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
> snd_seq_device         15116  5
> snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
> snd                    63268  27
> snd_usb_audio,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
>
> pd extended does not show any midi device when i try to select a device
> number from the menu,
>
> as wrote, my self compiled pd works out of the box!
>
>> Using the rawmidi devices should work as well in general, but maybe you
>> have to load some additional modules (snd_rawmidi, snd-seq-oss, or so).
>> Also Pd's way of specifihttp://footils.org/cms/show/24
>> ying device numbers is a bit strange. Maybe this
>> still is helpful: http://footils.org/cms/show/24 (generally it's
>> outdated, though)
>>

> best,
> alex