[PD] Nice distortion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 30 10:45:17 CET 2008

Hallo,
Phil Stone hat gesagt: // Phil Stone wrote:

> I've been having a blast with this effect -- really great, Frank!  It
> doesn't seem too CPU-hungry, either, though that's just an impression
> not yet quantified.

It should be dirtcheap, as it's just a lop filter, a multiplication and
two elementary filters (rzero_rev and rpole) which are also just doing
one multiplication and one addition each.

> One little thing...the meaning of wet/dry seems to be reversed; i.e.  0
> gives full effect, 1 gives no effect.

That's on purpose and the reason, why this parameter is called "dry" and
not "wet". dry=0 means 0 percent dry signal i.e. a fully wet signal. I
think, effects should default to full wet in Pd as people often will scale
the incomping and outgoing signal somewhere else instead of with the
dry-wet slider. That slider is just a convenience for the rest of us.

Ciao
--
Frank