[PD] pix_freeframe working in OS X?

John Harrison john.harrison at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 30 20:26:13 CET 2008

Hi I just filed a bug report with the Gem bug tracker on this, but I
might have jumped the gun: does anybody have [pix_freeframe] working on
OS X?

For me pix_freeframe segfaults on OS X 10.4.11 with Pete Warden's
freeframe plugins. (Untested with other freeframe plugins, but I would
expect the same behavior). This is Pd-extended 0.40.3 nightly autobuild
from Dec 27ish, 2008. Intel MacBook.

Plugins were downloaded here:
http://www.petewarden.com/PetesPlugins_Mac.zip

And these were also tried (probably exactly the same):
http://www.troikatronix.com/files/petes-plugins-ub.dmg

With the current directory hierarchy of Pete's Plugins, pix_freeframe
could not find the plugins. So the the plugin binaries were moved to be
directly underneath its corresponding directory i.e. the wave binary
(filename: wave) was moved from Wave.frf/Contents/MacOS/ to Wave.frf/

After moving the binaries, pix_freeframe went from not finding the
plugins to crashing when the pix_freeframe object was created.

pix_freeframe appears to work fine with these same plugins in Linux 32
bit (ubuntu 8.10). I haven't yet gotten the plugins to build
successfully on Linux 64 bit to test. I found the Linux plugins here:
http://www.mndl.hu/freeframe/petespluginslinux

-John

--
John Harrison