[PD] Nice distortion

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:05:45 CET 2009

Yes, Operator is a 4-op FM synth, with added bonuses of a variety of
different bandlimited saw and square waveforms as well as bitrate-reduced
sines, noise, and triangle waves.

The genius is in the interface. I've played with a lot of FM synths and
Operator is so quick and dirty to dive into that I'm hard pressed to use
anything else. Plus the envelope generators are very tactile and fun to play
with. I did try to make a Pd clone of it a few years ago but ended up
purchasing the license instead (worth it).

Unfortunately it would most likely be difficult to recreate the fluidity of
the interface in Pd, since it is coded and compiled in C++ and has very
efficient GUI rendering.

~Kyle

-----
http://perhapsidid.wordpress.com