[PD] left mouse click abuse

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 3 16:32:54 CET 2009

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Ha, that's cute, though it needs some getting used to, but I guess that
> will come quickly.
>
> I just tried it with creating a [f ], then press Ctl-1 and type "mod 16",
> press  C-1 again and type "+ 1", neat.

After my initial enthusiasm has faded I must also say, that certain
patching habits now fail miserably.

I'm used to moving the mouse in advance to where I want to put the next
object for objects that should not be connected to the previously
created object.

Example: Lets say I want to create a row of number atoms like this:

 [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\

Traditionally I'd do a sweeping movement with the mouse going left to right
and sometimes press "Ctl-3" and click.

The new auto-connections make this very hard now.

I guess I would prefer auto-connections and auto-alignments happen
afterwards, e.g. I create these

 [0\

   [mtof]

     [phasor~]

  [cos~]

then select the four objects, say the magic words and then it would
transform into this:

 [0\

 [mtof]

 [phasor~]