[PD] OSCx linux install

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:46:07 CET 2009

Hi,
I wanted to add OSCx to my pd Vanilla on Fedora10.  I used the OSCx folder from the pd-externals tarball on sourceforge.  I followed instructions in the readme, except there is no rule to make install.

It built a libOSC.a, but I can't seem to figure out where to put the lib or any other needed files.

For pd I used the GNU/Linux(source) Vanilla 0.41.4 on Fedora10.  ./configure, make, install
and installed to /usr/local.

from command line: $ pd
works fine.

I tried placing OSC files in /usr/local/lib/pd/extras, but no joy.  Without the install, I'm not sure where the files belong.

Also I know there's a CCRMA rpm for f10, but prefer my own install at the moment.