[PD] rme fireface 400

nick burge tectp at telefonica.net
Mon Jan 5 14:20:44 CET 2009

Hi Andrew and Joao, thanks for your replies.
In the bin directory there are 2 different PD executables, one of which
provides a msDOS command prompt which displays errors as you go. I can also
test the results of changes that I make using the provided test audio and
midi patch, which has built into it a way of addressing a test tone to the
different dac~ outputs you mention.
Now, by using the flag -audioindev 16, I can get 8 audio inputs with the
"ASIO fireface" driver setting the channel numbers to 8 in the audio
options, but only provided I disable audio output. Otherwise trying to set
any of the devices under output I get the error "illegal combination of I/O
objects"
For some reason the "ASIO fireface" driver does not appear as an option
under the outputs. This seems inconsistent with a 2 channel usb one card
that shows the ASIO driver as available both under inputs and outputs.

here is the listdev output....

audio input devices:
1. (0)Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input
2. (0)Microphone (Realtek High Defini