[PD] issues installing pd-ext on ubuntu intrepid 868

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 6 12:02:58 CET 2009

Hallo,
Jo?o Pais hat gesagt: // Jo?o Pais wrote:

> I had several topics about compiling pd-ext (latest night build) on my 686
> desktop:
>
> - is it possible to add a line to INSTALL.TXT saying that ubuntu users must
> install tcl/tk-dev, and *not just* tcl/tk? That saves time and pacience from
> checking the list. (same applies also to pd van)

Well, that applies to *every* software that you compile on your own: You
always need the -dev or -devel packages (Fedora) installed.

> - it would be also good that this file indicates which tcl/tk version is
> suitable to use with pd. I assumed the most actual version would be good, so
> I installed tcl/tk 8.5. Although it did build etc, when I try to run pd it
> complains that
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtk8.4.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> which I guess it means that tcl/tk 8.4 is necessary

Here Pd runs just fine with 8.5. Are you sure that version is the
version you have just compiled and not an older version lying around?
Check with "ls -l".

Ciao
--
Frank