[PD] click remover

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 8 03:31:02 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Charles Henry wrote:

> Wait... you said discontinuities.  I've got something that takes out impulses...
> A low-pass filter should do a reasonable smoothing, but it would take
> a lot away from the signal, in the other spots.

In the discrete domain, a loud very-high-frequency tone is
indistinguishable from a sequence of discontinuities.

So, what is it that people are calling a "discontinuity" in this thread?

If discontinuities are so hard to remove, it's because they don't
correspond to anything in objective reality. It's all in the mind.