[PD] PD extended very slow loading patches

kristof lauwers pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net
Thu Jan 8 11:19:08 CET 2009

At 01:57 2009-01-08, Hans wrote:

>My guess is that it is due to the hexloader.  Are you loading that?
>There was quite a bit of discussion about it in the past.

I was not loading the hexloader, but it seems libdir is the culprit
(or is this the same? - i've been reading some stuff in the archives,
but i find it quite confusing and might be missing some bits).
When i remove all other libraries except libdir from startup, the
patches still load so slow. when i remove just libdir, they open
immediately, but then the other externals don't get loaded
automatically anymore..
i can live with it that way, but it ould be nice if it worked some
time in the future..
xof