[PD] converting from midi to frequency in just intonation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 11 10:51:47 CET 2009

Hallo,
Amos Robinson hat gesagt: // Amos Robinson wrote:

> I was curious to play with just intonation earlier but couldn't find
> any easy way to calculate an frequency based on a midi note. (It's
> entirely possible that I just didn't look hard enough, though)
> So, here's a really simple and ugly cludge just in case.
> There must be a better way to do this, but I don't know it.

I couldn't look at your patch, but maybe you also like [tunetof] from
the SVN in the directory /abstractions/footils/tunetof/

It's like [mtof] but converts scale steps according to tunings made with
Scala. The Scala files have to be converted using a Python
script included in the tunetof distribution.

Ciao
--
Frank