[PD] logical timing question

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sun Jan 11 14:05:42 CET 2009

Hi again,

Frank(ly), there is still something unclear to me. Please see below.

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> In general, Pd has like to times: One is the time realm of clock-delayed
> messages, i.e. everything that originates in a clock objects like metro,
> delay, pipe, qlist, etc. Clock delayed messages have sub-sample
> accuracy. This is achieved by "tagging" each normal message with a time
> tag, similar to the old time tagged triggers in t3_lib. The tags for
> clocks are invisible, though.

I understand you mean "Pd has two times", the first one being the
sub-samply accuracy of clock-delayed objects like [delay].
(I exclude metro from this group since it has the hard-coded limit of
integer msec values).
What would be the other "timing" then?

Thanks! have a nice one,

PP