[PD] logical timing question

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sun Jan 11 17:09:32 CET 2009

Thanks for the discussion Roman,

see below

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> while not being 100% sure, what frank meant with the other timing
> domain, i guess, he meant all the messages, that are not initiated by
> [metro]/[delay]/[pipe] and co. this would be messages from:
>
> - the guis and clicks on message boxes
> - networking objects [netreceive]/[tcpreceive] etc.
> - [hid] / [comport] / [arduino] / [wiimote]
> - [cltin] / [notein] / [midiin] etc.
> - probably more
>
> all those messages lack the extra timing information and thus are
> executed only at block boundaries.

I managed to find something that contradicts here:
A Gui-bang to a [t b b] to a [timer] in a subpatch with a [block~ 8192]
object. Clicking the bang very fast with my mouse gives smaller than
blocksize message intervals:
print: 127.71
print: 116.1
print: 116.1
print: 127.71
print: 116.1
print: 127.71
print: 104.49
print: 92.8798
print: 104.49
print: 81.2698
print: 104.49
print: 116.1
usw.

Hmmm, still searching. Thanks for all the good pointers!

regards, PP