[PD] aka.wiiremote object for os x

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 17 11:51:50 CET 2009

Florian Krebs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the aka.wiiremote working on osx. I downloaded the files from svn (aka.wiiremote-2008-07-22) at
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/aka.wiiremote/
> I tested the binary akawiiremote.pd_darwin (don't know at the moment where I got it from) and I could connect, but could not get motion sensor data. buttons were recognized.
> So I wanted to try compiling myself:
> There is a makefile in the svn for aka.wiiremote, but for me it makes no real sense (or maybe i don't understand it).
> in the folder (svn) there are the following files:
>
> aka.wiiremote.c
> wiiremote.c
> wiiremote.h
> Makefile
>
> I tried with "make", but i get:
>
> make -C /Users/Floriano/aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22- aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22-
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22-'.  Stop.
>
> I checked the makefile, there is no rule for making the target, there is just another "make" command in the makefile. Does this make sense ? Doesn't this create an endless loop of calling the makefile ?

ah i think you are experiencing the joys of pd-extended.
the solution is simple: just checkout the entire "externals" branch and
redo what you have done.

there are certainly simpler ways, e.g. copy an existing Makefile for
multi-source libraries (e.g. one of tm's iemlib libraries) and adapt it
to your needs.

gmadsr
IOhannes