[PD] aka.wiiremote object for os x

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jan 19 05:35:56 CET 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 6:14 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 12:00 +0000, Florian Krebs wrote:
>> Hello, I was trying a lot, but unfortunately I still don't get it
>> compiled/linked...
>>
>>> i assume you got the aka.wiiremote sources via svn from
>>> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/aka.wiiremote
>>
>> yes I do.
>>
>>> by "checkout the entire 'externals' branch" i meant, you should
>> checkout
>>> the entire "externals" directory:
>>> $ svn co
>>> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/
>>
>>> then repeat the steps (aka.wiiremote has no real makefile, instead
>> it's
>>> make instructions are within
>>> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/Makefile)
>>
>> I did, but when calling the makefile I get:
>> make: *** No rule to make target `pre_all_', needed by `all'.  Stop.
>>
>>> try to compile another external (that works) and see which exact
>>> compiler/linker commands are called.
>>
>> I tried a modified makefile from tm's iemlib (see attachement) and I
>> get:
>>
>> Macintosh-2:aka.wiiremote-2008-07-22$ make
>> :: aka.wiiremote.o wiiremote.o
>> cc -bundle -bundle_loader
>> "/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources"/bin/pd -o
>> akawiiremote.pd_darwin *.o -ldl -lm -lpthread
>> Undefined symbols:
>> "_CFRelease", referenced from:
>>     _wiiremote_search in wiiremote.o
>> "_IOBluetoothDeviceInquiryDelete", referenced from:
>>     _wiiremote_search in wiiremote.o
>>     _wiiremote_stopsearch in wiiremote.o
>> (...)
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [all] Error 1
>>
>> I don't find any mentioning of the "wiiremote.h" header file in the
>> makefile. Maybe I have to include it somehow in the makefile ?
>> Thanks,
>
> i am not really familiar with the extended build system, but probably
> you need to check out the the scripts folder as well in order to use
> the
> extended makefiles:
>
> svn co https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/scripts/
>
> please someone confirm or negate that!
>
> roman

With Pd-extended, "trunk" is the base of the source code, so the
easiest thing to do is check out trunk or a pd-extended branch.

svn co http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk

svn co http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/v0-40/

Oops, but I forgot to add, that external barely works, I think you
have to poll it get data out if it.  It is close to being fully
functional, it just needs someone to figure out the apple carbon
CFRunLoop stuff.  On the other hand, the GNU/Linux cwiid library and
external works really well with 6 wiiremotes connected.