[PD] max for live

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:37:17 CET 2009

That's the elephant in the room isn't it?

Live is most valuable to me because it is very cpu-friendly considering the
amount of tasks being done at once in such a rich visual environment. Pd on
the other hand is very slow...the equivalent of maybe 2 or 3 live devices
will shoot my cpu up to 75% easily.

Of course, this is because Live devices are optimized in C++. Also, the GUI
is rendered by graphing bitmap primitives onto the screen...I'm pretty sure
that Pd does something different/more cpu intensive using tcl/tk.

I'm all for the effort though! I just think that Pd will need some major
face lifts to get it to the usability that Live offers.

~Kyle

--
-----