[PD] how to create a lowpass filter from first principles?

Steffen Leve Poulsen slagmark at worldonline.dk
Thu Jan 22 22:45:19 CET 2009

Hi Geoff

Yes Pd is wonderfull!

Attached shows how to do your example the naive way in Pd.
It uses [tabsend~] to get from sig~ domain to message domain.
This is not that efficient but good for testing and development.

More efficient is [z~] from zexy or [delread~] and [delwrite~].
Also look at [biquad~] and the raw filters [czero~] and [cpole~]

mvh/ SLP