[PD] d_fat vs. pd_darwin (was Re: Gem 0.91-2 bugfix release)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 23 05:00:11 CET 2009

I think the d_fat and d_ppc business is only necessary for folks who are
maintaining backward compatibility to 10.3 which can't read d_fat files.
I think it's a good thing to try to keep things running on older machines
since lots of Pd users can't afford to buy the newest ones.  However, it's
geting hard for me to stay 10.3 compatible as the only remaining 10.3 machine
around here is getting sick.

cheers
Miller