[PD] Epoch time ...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 23 09:33:52 CET 2009

e deleflie wrote:
> Is there some easy way of generating the epoch time in pd?
>
> I know about Zexy's [date] and [time] objects ..... they could do it
> with a bit of work.
>
> or ..... does anyone know of a way to generate some unique string (or
> number) .... its just so that I can hit a bang at anytime and record
> the current audio output into a file, without having to worry about
> the file name.

in this case i definitely would use [date]+[time]+[random].

the problem with a real epoch time is, that Pd cannot handle it as a
number (due to restrictions of 32bit float which is Pd's internal
numeric format), so it would have to be a symbol, which actually limits
the usefulness to generating UID.

gfmsdr
IOhannes