[PD] Alpha+pix_film

info at thesaddj.com info at thesaddj.com
Sat Jan 24 22:42:37 CET 2009

Hi all,
here is Marco, this is my first post.. glad to be here.
i'm trying to use the [alpha] object to mix different videos
using OpenGL.  I followed tutorials, checked the forum and
the list but i still have this problem:
I can change the transparency of a geo without texture, and
everything works also when i load images. But when i add
[pix_film] or [pix_movie] and i load a video the geo itself
disappears - if alpha is on - and appears again (displaying
correctly the video) when alpha is off.
I also tried to change [pix_texture] with [pix_texture2] and
[rectangle] with other geos, but nothing...
 I think this is pretty strange.
this is my basic patch not working:

[gemhead]

[pix_film]X[t f]

[pix_texture]

[alpha]

[colorRGB]

[square]

Cannot understand if it could be a problem of my graphic
card - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - or something else.
I work - unfortunately - on windows xp pro, with pd-extended
latest stable release.
i didn't have the chance to try the same on another
computer, by now.
Thanks a lot to everybody..

cheers...

Marco