[PD] Announce: pdstring v0.08 + locale v0.01

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 27 00:36:48 CET 2009

I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'd say stick to using the
arrays how they are represented in Pd rather than how they are
implemented in C.  This will keep the library flexible and
maintainable.  It seems to me that this should something that is a
more functionality.  I guess that is Martin Peach's approach with his
string/blob patch.

And by the way, since I am in middle of rewriting the GUI, let me know
what I can do to make sure that this stuff is well supported in the
GUI.  Tcl is fully UTF-8 as far as I know.  It would be nice to have
pd be UTF-8 as well.  I don't really have a good idea how far pd is
from being UTF-8.

.hc