[PD] How do you post a text version of a patch?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 18:07:47 CET 2009

Hi Geoff

What operating system and mail client do you use?

Pd files are text files anyway. They can simply be attched to
an email as a something.pd file. When you see that attachment in
a message just "save as" something.pd. You can then load it
from the file->load menu of Pd GUI.

It's not encouraged to paste patches as text to a mail message body
(except for small examples between deveopers) because the text
format is not designed as human readable. However, if you do see
a Pd patch as plain text any place, just select, copy and paste
it to a text editor and then save as something.pd, then you should
be able to load it normally.

a.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:56:53 +0000
Geoff <geoffspuredata at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have tried to find this in the manual and google searched for a
> couple of hours but I can;t find it.
>
> How do you put your patches up in text form on this forum?
>
> How do you then load text patches in PD from this forum?
>
> i.e. I have tried things like copying and pasting them into TEXT edit
> saving, changing the, file extension to a pure data one but no joy.
>
> guidance appreciated as I can't find the answer from googling etc.
>
> cheers
> geoff

Use the source