[PD] iem_bin_ambi on OSX ... missing objects

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 28 09:43:57 CET 2009

e deleflie wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
>
> These objects that I cant create come from patches within the
> WindowsXP distribution that I found here:
>
> http://iem.at/Members/noisternig/bin_ambi
>
> It's the only example documentation that I can find for how to use the
> complex iem_bin_ambi and iem_ambi objects. The individual object help
> patches dont give enough info to be able to use them (at least for my
> brain).

afair, Georg Holzmann has done a workshop on 3d-audio at the LAC2007 in
Berlin; i'm sure he used bin_ambi and might have written up some
documentation (probably the workshop material can be found somewhere online)

>>> [spec2*~]
>>> [spec2+~]
>>> [spec2-~]
>> these are part of the iem_spec2 library for efficient operations in rFFT
>> domain.
>
> I've got iem_spec2 loaded up ... but the objects still cant be
> created. Is there perhaps a dependency ...or maybe the OSX version
> does not supply these?

try creating [spec2_mul~], [spec2_add~] and [spec2_sub~] either as
replacements for the objects above or _before_ loading the patch.

this is the recurrent issues of special-characters in object-names,
compiling libraries as single-object-externals and using aliases for
objectnames. (search the list-archives for plenty of flamewars on these
issues)

mf.adr
IOhannes