[PD] [Pd][Windows] Handling Paths and Visual Enhancements

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:10:48 CET 2009

Smashing day

== Part 1 ==
I'm trying to do some user-interaction and would like to use variables for
handling filepaths. I understand this may not be a problem with Linux/Mac as
we can use ~/ for the user's home directory. What would be the Windows
equivalent of that? I'd also like to know how to handle Windows paths in
general with Pd as the backslash is not recognised.

== Part 2 ==
Look at the screenshots at
http://digital.music.cornell.edu/kevinernste/tutorial_3_audio_input_and_recording

Is that a Mac-specific look or could we patch the latest version to look
like that? The patches available from crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/ are for an
older version.

Thanks for reading (: