[PD] Why I don't like the new automagic

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jan 28 22:06:04 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I agree a lot here. I think, the automagic in 0.42 is the first time,
> that something like that reached a wider audience. Desire Data was more
> something cool to look at, but I doubt that many people managed to
> actually install and use it a lot.

Please, please, please, don't make it look like that feature was in
desiredata the way it is in vanilla.

And if DesireData ended up not going anywhere, it's my fault. I mean,
there were lots of "interesting" hurdles that we had to face, and that
slowed us down for sure, but the most "interesting" one by far is that I
can't seem to be able to focus properly on the project anymore. After
PdConv07 I just took a break and after that I wasn't able to put myself
back on the track.