[PD] max for live

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:24:24 CET 2009

Hans~

I have not tried Ardour+Jack+Pd+soft synths yet. I tried downloading Ardour
one time to show my 7th grade math/audio tech student. However, it was with
my G4 PowerBook running OSX 10.4 and was very shaky. He does like me showing
him Ableton though, and even a bit of Pd!

I'll give Ardour+Jack+Pd+soft synths (thanks copy/paste) a shot now that I
have a newer-ish refurbished MacBook with OSX 10.5 on it. I'll probably end
up tossing a Linux distro on here too, so we'll see.

I finally got a decent synch between Live and Pd using Live's external
instrument/effects devices. I used SoundFlower and Apple's IAC MIDI bus, and
the test was with Andy's trumpet patch and fibonnacci reverb. It got me
excited about the possibilities. I'm going to try using Jack again also.

It's exciting to try these options. I don't want people to think I'm a
hater!

~Kyle

--
-----