[PD] seq24 + pd

info at timvets.net info at timvets.net
Sat Jan 31 23:15:49 CET 2009

Launchpad<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Edanomatika/seq24/midi-export>.
>> Now I can make a song in
>> seq24 and then load and play it in pd using the mrpeach midifile object.
>>
>> Anyone else using seq24+pd may find this ability useful.  Please message
>> the seq24 devs on Launchpad to
>> get them to test and merge my changes to the main branch so it will go
>> into the next version of Ubuntu.
>> (that would be nice)

looks like a nice approach, so I tried it today.
unfortunately i got the same result as similar things I tried before and
which involve midi sent over alsa or jack to/from pd: poor timing
(irregular)
I uploaded this little test file so you can hear what I mean:
http://www.archive.org/download/TestTimingJackSeq24Pd/test_jack_timing_seq24_pd.ogg
I connected seq24 to pd by selecting the 'midi bus' for the sequences.
I ran pd -jack and qjackctl, but i did not make any midi connections in
qjackctl itself, so I'm not sure if jack even has anything to do with
it...
I did this on ubuntustudio (hardy)
do you get better results ?

Tim