[PD] Why I don't like the new automagic

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Feb 2 06:42:30 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> After PdConv07 I just took a break and after that I wasn't able to put
>> myself back on the track.
> I guess I know that feeling from my unfinished physics studies. ;) But
> now I understand more about the value of Fourier transforms than at that
> time ...

But it didn't make you want to go back to finish your degree, isn't it?

Somehow, even if I understand some things better since, it doesn't
necessarily make me want to go back on the track. The motivator has to be
something else.

"Strangely", at the time of your last mail, I was reading a book on
physics. There are things like that, that are quite off-topic for my life
as I'm not going to do anything with them. Well, that was one of them.