[PD] converting a regular message to an internal message?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 2 13:02:30 CET 2009

Hallo,
cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:

> Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> > Hallo,
> > Rory Walsh hat gesagt: // Rory Walsh wrote:
> >
> >> Following on from my earlier post, I want to build an internal message
> >> by prepending a semicolon to a regular message which I've dynamically
> >> created. My question is how to change this

> >> to this

> >> I'm guessing it's pretty easy but so far I can't seem to find a
> >> solution. And advise is much appreciated.
>
> you can also simply create a message : | color 12 22 22 (
> and connect it to a [send obj_rec16] object ...

I also much prefer this approach. But the addsemi is useful if you want
to dynamically create messages to use as loadbang'd messages later for
patch initialisation.

That's about the only case where personally I use semicolon messages.
(and "; pd dsp 1")

Also still I don't use settable sends very often. I prefer to use only a
handful of fixed senders and feed these with tagged messages that get
[route]d to their destination. So there's maybe one global send like
[receive SETTINGS], that's followed by a [route freq vol] or so.

Ciao
--
Frank