[PD] here I go again..dynamic abstractions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 10 11:04:02 CET 2009

Hallo,
Matt Barber hat gesagt: // Matt Barber wrote:

> I only see two options:

I see a third option: $0 is not only different from the $-variables in
message boxes, but it's also different from the $-variables used as
object arguments.[1] So another way out would be to replace only "$0"
with something like "#0". Of course beginners then still would like to
use #0 in a message box.

[1] Actually the $-variables 1,2,3,... in message boxes and those in
object boxes aren't that different, because the contents of object
boxes also are messages to Pd's objectmaker and they are used
explicitely as messages when doing dynamic patching.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__