[PD] here I go again..dynamic abstractions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 10 17:57:06 CET 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> i think it is simple, if the users understand the philosophical idea
> behind $args in message-boxes vs objects. hence my long explanations.
> once you understand what you are doing, it becomes quite simple to make
> Pd what you want (and why it does make sense the way it is done)

Even after understanding that contents of objectboxes are just messages,
it doesn't necessarily make much more sense, as you could have had
completely different messageboxes in pd while still considering contents
of objectboxes to be just messages. But it does make a lot more sense if
we don't think about how else it could have been and instead just accept
it as it is... (which may include working around it and not using
messageboxes anymore).