[PD] no download

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 16 20:33:05 CET 2009

Hans Roels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There seems to be a problem if you want to download the most recent
> version of Pd vanilla on http://puredata.info/downloads
> The windows installer file doesn't seem to exist on the server. I
> tried it last week and also today without succes.

well, the official download-site of Pd-vanilla links from
http://puredata.info/downloads to http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/ (miller's
homepage). all other downloads of Pd-vanilla are merely distributions on
mirrors.
as can be seen on miller's site, there is no w32-installer (for whatever
reasons). you have to go and get the zip-file.

this is really not a big deal, as the "installer" is basically a
self-extracting zip. if you know how to unzip such archive, then you are
there...

> Using other mirror
> sites also didn't work. I remember someone else told me a few weeks
> ago there was a problem, so I guess it must have been impossible to
> download this windows version for a few weeks now.

i changed the link now to point to the .zip file

fgmasdr
IOhannes