[PD] pd on Ubuntu 64bit?

dmotd dmotd at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 02:54:11 CET 2009

i am currently testing a machine running 64studio 3.0alpha[1], which is based
on ubuntu 8.04(hardy) for amd64 (there are 32bit builds too), while the stable
64studio 2.1 is built on debian 4.0etch.  64studio is designed for stable low-
latency audio and both versions perform very well.  if you require extended
you should read the recent thread on deb packages for pd-extended - but I
haven't had too much trouble getting the externals i need to build (flext libs
are a current exception).

ubuntu 8.10 is generally not recommended for low-latency audio as the realtime
kernels provided by ubuntustudio[2] do not run stably. otherwise,
planetccrma[3] for  fedora is a popular choice, but i can't personally speak
for the 64bit builds.

ciao,
dmotd