[PD] pd and tcp: what to do against crashes?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 24 22:15:42 CET 2009

Roman Haefeli wrote:
>--- Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> schrieb am Di, 24.2.2009:
> > Peach wrote:
> > Yes, I agree. I think a status outlet on the [tcpserver]
> > could be extended later to have more messages. Some of the
> > stuff that gets printed to the Pd window could go there and
> > then it could be handled by the patch instead of the
> > 'operator'. I don't want to keep adding more
> > outlets, so it would output lists with a selector, like
> > [comport].
>
>i totally agree, that instead of adding more outlets it would be better to
>provide additional information on the same outlet with appropriate
>selector.

OK it's done for now, in svn. Each time something is sent, you get a "sent"
message from the status outlet that gives the number of bytes that were
actually sent and the client number. Also a [client( message with no data
lists the connections using a "client" selector.
The send function doesn't wait any more. If the number of bytes sent is
zero, you have to try again.
It all needs to be tested...

>i am very happy to notice, that we agree and that you are willing to
>address the existing issue. many thanks for your help.

You're welcome. I too prefer functional objects;)

Martin