[PD] Google Summer of Code 2009!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Feb 25 22:00:38 CET 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Enrique Erne wrote:

> wow these project are really nice.
>
> i hope deeply PdLib would make it with or without soc. imo that is
> soooo missing in pd-extended. i'd love to help but i don't even know
> how to help to get the help-files in running in pd-ext.
> http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/PdLib/
>
> LibPd would be also a huge addition.
> http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/LibPd/
>
> only negative point i have is the name: PdLib and LibPd is kind of
> confusing.
>
> but as already stated, all projects are great and would be wonderful.

If you want to starting on standard libs for Pd, I say just do it.
Pick a topic and start making a library.  For example, I really should
finish 'tkwidgets', which is a library that aims to directly expose
the standard Tk widgets for use in Pd.  I did manage to finish 'apple'
which is a library of Apple-specific functions like accelerometer,
light level sensors, brightness controls, etc.  The Thinkpad has lots
of example code for all this stuff to, so it would be great to have a
'thinkpad' library.

                             kill your television