[PD] PureData patches/hacks

Andrew Martin moovingroove at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:01:04 CET 2009

Hey there. Not sure where or who to direct this to, but I recently
watched a video tutorial on youtube on how to modify your laptop's
trackpad into a MIDI-control device much like a Korg Kaossilator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWE2ptQtYk0
. Apparently the creator of this video created a patch to create this
device, but the according to him it only works with Synaptics track
pads. I'm running a newer aluminum macbook with a MultiTouch track
pad, and was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get absolute
positioning information, and possibly multi-touch info as well, into
Pd to Midi notes in appropriate scales. Any kind of help would be
appreciated, as I'm trying to get my music rig set up to be super-fly.

Andrew Martin