[PD] [PD-dev] pd-ext documentation [was something else]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 27 08:16:58 CET 2009

Hallo,
João Pais hat gesagt: // João Pais wrote:

> >>  I already made my one available several times on the list - whenever
> >> the question "how many objects are in pd-ext" comes -, but probably it
> >> wasn't that popular.
> >> 2682 objects? when I check the properties of the extra folder
> >> (windows), I get 2666 files - bear in mind that there are several
> >> repeatitions (many objects are repeated in flatspace), and other files
> >> aren just secondary material, and some objects don't work. did you sort
> >> out repetitions or something?
> >>  how did you extract this list?
> >
> > I did this manually, a lot of copy and paste.
> > and yes, there might be some duplicates and some unusual objects like
> > all the gemgl objects are in the list...
>
> ah ah, and I thought I was the only crazy guy going through object per
> object and extract the information (see excel file). ok, maybe we should
> discuss a more serious way of automatising this.

I've just added the system we use in the RjDj lib to [list]-abs as
well. It's pretty simple, but cool: All objects are described in a
textfile using this format:

objectname - short object description in one line without commas

In [list]-abs this file is called "list-abs-intro.txt". (It also
allows lines consisting of just an integer number, which is used to
optionally make room for larger GUI objects in the overview patch.)

A helper file reads this list into a textfile and dynamically patches
all referenced objects and descriptions into a subpatch. This patch is
called "list-abs-intro.pd".

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__